Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 1/4 cup Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Lactantia® PurFiltre® 2% Milk
- 1 cup Astro® Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt
- ½ 250 g pkg cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grated Black Diamond® Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly brush bottom and side of a 1.5L(6 cup) soufflé dish with 1 tbsp butter, then dust with cornmeal, turning dish to coat.
- Refrigerate dish.
- Melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 min.
- Gradually whisk in milk, then Astro Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt, whisking constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar, dijon, cumin and salt until smooth. Season with fresh pepper. Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites with 1/8 tsp salt in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high, until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted, about 2 min.
- Stir a quarter of the egg whites into cheese mixture. Gently fold in remaining whites. Pour into prepared dish. Clean edge with your finger or paper towel.
- Bake in centre of oven until centre of soufflé is puffed and golden-brown, 20 to 23 min. Serve immediately.