Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Astro Athentikos® Greek Plain 0% yogourt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz. white chocolate candy melts
- Gold sprinkles
- You will also need:
- Paper cake pop sticks or straws
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly spray cake pop moulds with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat together the cake mix, egg whites, Astro Athentikos Greek Plain 0% yogourt, water and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fill the base of the cake pop moulds with 1 tablespoon cake mix.
- Secure the mould lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before transferring balls to rack to cool. Balls can be placed in fridge to help them cool.
- On a stovetop set to medium high heat, put chopped white chocolate in heatproof glass container set in a skillet with an inch of water. When water starts to simmer, turn off heat and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a low, wide bowl. Dip tip of cake pop stick into chocolate and gently insert into cake pop. Let set for 5 minutes.
- When cake pop sticks are secure, reheat chocolate if necessary, then dip each cake pop into melted chocolate, rolling to coat surface evenly.
- Place on parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with gold sprinkles before chocolate hardens.