Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup (125 mL) Lactantia 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Astro® Original Balkan Caramel yogourt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) kosher salt
- 1 large loaf challah or brioche, sliced into ¾-inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C), add a baking sheet with a wire rack arranged on it. In a large bowl or baking dish, whisk together the eggs, Lactantia milk, Astro Original yogourt, vanilla extract and salt.
- Melt ½ tbsp of Lactantia butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip 2 pieces of challah into egg batter. Once butter is frothy add the 2 pieces. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until golden. Transfer to the preheated oven and continue with remaining challah.
- To serve, divide Salted Caramel French Toast between plates and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.